Healthy Meals: Adobong Manok
Low salt diet helps reduce symptoms of vertigo. Salt intake of less than 2.4 g per day reduces severity of Meniere’s Disease.
Adobo is a well-loved dish that is usually high in sodium. But with this recipe, you can enjoy the same flavorful dish with less salt.
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 cloves fresh crushed garlic
2 medium chopped onions
½ kg chicken breast
2 tablespoons soy sauce
¼ cup vinegar
1 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons ground black pepper
1 bay leaf, broken in half
1 medium red tomato (optional)
- Combine olive oil, garlic, and onion in a frying pan. Add chicken and sauté together until chicken has browned.
- Add light soy sauce, vinegar, paprika, black pepper, and bay leaf. Stir.
- Bring to a boil. Simmer for 45-60 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- Remove the chicken and save the liquid in the pot. Arrange the chicken on a broiler pan. Broil until the chicken has nicely browned. Remove from the pan and place it on a serving bowl.
- Continue to boil the sauce in the uncovered pan until volume is reduced to about half and the sauce is thick. Pour the thickened sauce over adobong chicken and garnish with red tomatoes, if desired.
Serve and Enjoy!
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Fiber||2 g|