This recipe is easy to prepare, and it's extra healthy too!
Low salt diet helps reduce systolic blood pressure by 2 to 8 mmH. Less than 2.4 g, which is equivalent to one teaspoon of salt is the recommended daily intake.
This recipe is lower salt and sodium than other Cardillo recipes because it uses :
- Fresh, not canned, tomatoes
- Ground pepper and corn oil with no salt added
- Green onions
½ kg red snapper (Maya-maya)
4 teaspoons corn oil
¼ cup flour
1 large onion sliced
3 or 4 medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
½ cup, egg whites beaten
½ cup water
a dash of ground pepper
15 stalks green onions chopped
1. Remove scale and gills, and wash thoroughly. Drain and set aside.
2. Slice the raw fish into 6 pieces.
3. Heat corn oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
4. Place the flour in a bowl or plastic bag. Place the raw fish in the flour and over the outside of each fish with flour.
5. Sauté fish until golden brown. Set aside on top of a paper towel.
6. Sauté onion and tomatoes. Add ½ cup of water.
7. Add the beaten egg whites and fish. Cover and let it simmer for 5 – 10 minutes.
8. Season with ground pepper.
9. Sprinkle with chopped green onions.
10. Serve and enjoy!